Friday, April 8, 2011

"Tortilla Chips"

It's barely six thirty and I am sitting on the couch with the G baby watching some cartoons...he's not really into sitting down and watching t.v., except for when he's just woken up in the morning or right after a nap. If he watches t.v. at another time in the day he has to be doing something else too...coloring, riding his bike, etc.
We do this every morning...chill on the couch until he says "upstairs mommy!" and then we go upstairs and eat some breakfast. I myself am always STARVING by the time I go to bed at night and therefore starving as soon as I get up in the morning. I hear a lot of people say things like, "I just can't eat first thing in the morning!" but uh, not me. I am sitting here day-dreaming about the big bowl of cereal I'm going to eat once we get upstairs...so since I'm obsessing over food right now, I figured it's a good time to post a recipe. I bought this amazing fresh salsa the other day in Wal-mart to serve with the quesadillas that I made the other night for dinner, and at lunch time the next day I was really wanting to eat the rest of the salsa with tortilla chips. But then I realized...we had absolutely no chips in the house. Then I came up with an idea that I am going to use for the rest of my life! Make my own healthier tortilla chips using well, tortillas. And butter-flavored cooking spray. These are way healthier for you because they are not fried in oil, and cooking spray (Pam) has virtually no nutritional value whatsoever, so it gives it a nice flavor without adding fat. All you have to do is heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat, spray both sides of a flour tortilla with the cooking spray, and cook until brown (just keep checking by lifting a corner of the tortilla), then flip and cook the other side. Then I cut them up into wedges and ate them with salsa. They were super-delicious!!

 I highly recommend this salsa...it's in the refrigerated tortilla/queso cheese section in wal-mart, or you might be able to find it with the refrigerated bagels/eggs section in other grocery stores


sooooo good!!!

No comments: