Friday, April 1, 2011

Delicious Healthy snack...strawberry bananas "milkshake"

I'll admit, I'm a little obsessed with my weight. So it's very unfortunate that I am always hungry. My body follows the rule that if it's been two hours since my last meal, my stomach starts growling extremely loud and I must have a snack. Here is one of my favorite snacks because 1) it gives you 2-3 servings of fruit, and I find it hard to find ways to eat fruit and 2) it's easy and delicious.
This tastes like a shake but only uses fruit and milk, so it's low-fat and packed with nutrients without any of the bad stuff. You will need a blender for this...
 All you need is about 3/4 cup milk...a handful of frozen strawberries (I buy the wal-mart brand) and a banana!

Toss it all in a blender (break up the banana in a few pieces first) and blend!!!
I recommend the Ninja Master blender/food processor combo...my husband bought it for me as a wedding present because I registered for it and was so sad that no one got it for us (but to be fair, we only had a couple of people that weren't immediate family at our wedding AND I did my gift registry all of 2 weeks before the actual wedding, hehe). I love it because it is a heavy-duty blender and a food processor, AND it's only $50!!! I use mine all the time....don't believe me? Look how happy I was to open it right before the wedding:
(Photo by Lauren D Rogers)

No comments: