Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Outfit of the day: borrowing from the boys

This might be all I post today, with exception to a recipe that I made last night, since the photos are already taken...I am definitely taking advantage of G baby's nap today and taking one myself...I slept like total poo last night, actually falling asleep to Teen Mom 2 reunion on the couch...yes, I watch Teen Mom! I have mixed feelings about it...I know a lot of parents have campaigns against it because they say it encourages teenage girls to get pregnant...but I feel like any sensible teenage girl would watch it and it would give them the completely opposite idea...I think the show seems more to focus on how hard it is to be a young parent, period. I watched last season too, and it seems like pretty much all of the teen parents completely disgust me and make asses of themselves, save for one couple in each season that completely touches my heart. Last season it was Caitlin and Tyler (might have the names wrong, it's been a while), who made the decision to give their daughter up for adoption before she was born, knowing they couldn't give her the life she deserved. The thing about it was, they were the most mature and kind-hearted couple on the show! I couldn't help but feel for them...you could tell they truly wanted what was best for the little baby, which is more than I can say for a lot of the girls/guys on the show. This season, of course, my favorites are Corey and Leah, who have two twin girls, one with special needs. They also seem to want what is best for their children, and show maturity beyond their years. Too bad I fell asleep before I saw the ending...though usually the show upsets me to the point that when the episode is over I wish I hadn't watched it...
So anyways, we went to storytime at the library this morning and it went pretty well...Gabriel played with a few other kids, which is pretty big for us because Wednesday at the library are the only interaction he gets with other kids period. I want to change that...but it's hard. We live so far away from everyone and I don't really know anybody in our area. I also don't have any family in-state that have children around his age, which sucks. Pretty much the only kid who keeps him in line is his Uncle, my brother, who is 19!! He teases him and aggravates him and treats him like a little brother. So when Gabriel plays with the kids at the library and does well it makes me pretty happy. He ended up playing so hard with this one bigger kid playing pirates and jumping on the library's bean bag chairs that he lost a shoe. And didn't notice.
Without further ado, here is my outfit of the day:
I keep reading articles in fashion magazine talking about 'mixing in menswear pieces'. This plaid shirt is actually my Dad's...I have been raiding the men in my life's closets lately to see if there are any old clothes of theirs that I can sew to make something different. I didn't do anything to this, because it's actually the perfect fit to wear with leggings. Button-downs are great to borrow/steal from your husbands/boyfriends/fathers/brothers, because you can do so much with them. They look great if you make sure that the rest of your outfit is fashionable, to avoid looking...uh...like you're playing for the other team. I mixed this shirt with my sweatpant leggings, heeled booties, and a statement necklace. I also cinched it with a belt. On that note, I find belts to be really expensive, and I got this one at forever21. I LOVE forever21 for belts, because they have a ton, and they are super cheap. 


Happy Hump Day!!

No comments: