Thursday, April 28, 2011

My three most-loved foundations

 When a woman finds 'the' foundation for her, a special and sacred bond is formed. You are loyal to each other...see each other almost every day, and freak out when the store you buy them at runs out!!! Since I have less-than-spectacular skin, a good foundation is extremely important to me. I feel like I have tried them all-(all the affordable ones anyways) Maybelline, Covergirl, Bare Minerals, Physician's formula, Revlon, etc. and these get my stamp of approval!!!

Covergirl Advanced Radiance liquid foundation-I have mentioned this stuff before, I love it!! It goes on so silky and smooth and covers really great. One of the things that I think sets it apart though, is its staying power. A lot of foundation gets heavy and oily-feeling on my face after I've worn it a few hours, but this stuff feels fresh all day. It also doesn't aggravate my skin, and it actually smells good! The only thing I will mention though, is it seems to run light. You might want to think about getting a shade darker than you normally would.

Loreal True Match-So I have seen this stuff advertised out the wazoo, and I have to admit I was a doubter. My mother actually gave me this bottle because it was too light for her, and if she hadn't, I would probably never had tried it. I love this stuff-it is light but it covers well. And of course, it comes in an array of tones and colors so you should have no problem finding your perfect match. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Maybelline Pure Stay Powder Foundation-This is the BEST powder foundation I have ever used. And I have tried literally, almost everything in this department-three different kinds of Physician's formula mineral makeups, bare minerals, rimmel, covergirl, etc. This is not only easier to apply than all those others due to the compact and the fact that it comes in a pressed instead of loose form, but it covers the best as well. It hasn't made me break out, and I've ever worn it outside to play with my son in the 90 degree sun. It even has an spf 15!! Highly highly recommended.

Hope you all find your special someone too, lol!!

No comments: