Thursday, August 11, 2011

Loreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color Review



Hello Ladies!!
My John Frieda hair dye foam was fading quickly, so I decided to dye again. As much as I liked the John Frieda, I wanted to try something this time that would help nourish my hair, since I'm trying to grow it out. I also wanted a demi-permanent, because I wanted to try a reddish shade which is unfamiliar and scary territory for me.
I tried Healthy Look by Loreal in Spiced Prailine-shade 6R. 
Here is a before picture taken last month. I'm sorry it's not that great...I thought for sure I could find a good one so I didn't take one right before I colored-but I was wrong : (
And then the AFTER photos...


I LOVE the color. My husband likes it a lot too, which is a plus. However, I would only give this product a 3 out of 5 because there just wasn't enough dye to saturate my hair extremely well, resulting in streaks. They aren't that bad, and since it's not permanent, I don't care too much. This could be remedied of course with buying two boxes at once. However, my hair isn't thick and it's not even that long so I feel like the inadequate coverage was kind of a 'my bad' on the company's part.


Hope this was helpful!!


XoXo,


L


Linking up here!!
Tickled Pink at 504 Main

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!









Photobucket” border=”0″ alt=”Photobucket”>







6 comments:

Olga Marquez said...

I agree! I love the color of your hair!!

Just Jaime said...

It still looks good. Thanks for the review!

Chris said...

Wow! I think it looks gorgeous! Of course, it helps that you're gorgeous! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Jenn said...

Love your hair! I'd love to go red but just can't bring myself to do it. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Jenn :)

VDOprincess said...

Hey lovely--it looks gorgeous! Quick tip (learned from YEARS of trial and error when it comes to hair color): do you have a Sally's Beauty Supply near you? If you do, try buying your color from there instead of in the boxed sets.
You'll end up buying your toner (the colored part) and developer separately, but in the long run it's much cheaper. And you can choose just how hard you want to be on your hair. I personally use a 10 developer and love the ION radiance line; it has a lot of colors that I love (also you can mix them!) and keeps my hair super shiny and healthy.
Let me know if you have any questions...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review and images. I bought the box and then was second guessing myself. Will try it tomorrow as I will need a second box.