Sunday, April 10, 2011

For my sick little bean today

Gabriel woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and a runny nose. I've been trying to get him to lay low and drink a lot of water, so we've been sitting on the couch watching t.v. for the last half hour. I was looking at some stuff online on my laptop, and glanced over at him to make sure he didn't need his nose wiped. He just looked so little and pitiful over there, holding his little cup of marbles (he's been carrying it around for the past 2 days, I don't know why) and watching cartoons that I felt inspired to write him a little something.

Thank you for not letting me sleep my life away
And forcing me to work to run my first mile
Thank you for showing me how to put others first
Even if it kinda took me a while
Thank you for loving me more than anyone else
And for the motivation to make good on all I’ve vowed
Thank you for every night you made me sleep-walk to your room
Because I always went back to bed so proud
Thank you for every kiss that you give
They will always outweigh any strife
Thank you for being all that you are-my G baby, my life.

No comments: