Friday, April 15, 2011

Sexy Oatmeal

Here is a little recipe idea that I have dubbed "sexy oatmeal" mostly because my friend Ashley gave me this recipe, and well-if you knew her, you'd get it!! Also, this oatmeal recipe is sexy because it is not only delicious, but great if you are on a diet or watching your weight.
Ashley told me that she is not a fan of your run-of-the-mill oatmeal (I'm not either) but that she has found this recipe to enable her to incorporate heart-healthy and weight-friendly oatmeal into her diet. This oatmeal recipe tastes like a million bucks but only weighs in at 200 calories!

You will need:
Old fashioned oats, cooked as directed on the package
2 Tbls. canned pumpkin (not pumpkin-pie filling, because that is going to add some serious calories)
pumpkin pie spice to taste(found in spice aisle)
splenda or sugar to taste
cinnamon to taste

Basically, you cook the oatmeal as directed on the package. To save time, I just cooked mine in the microwave.
Next, stir in the 2 tbls. of pumpkin (you can save the rest in a Tupperware container so you can use it later)
Add the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice (adjust to your taste) and either sugar or Splenda. When I said this contains 200 calories, that is definitely if you go the Splenda route. I personally avoid Splenda because I have came to the sad conclusion that artificial sweeteners upset my stomach.
Stir together, and pop in the microwave for thirty minutes. Enjoy!!


Special thanks to my friend Ashley, I still think about you every time I get on my treadmill!!

No comments: