Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Toddler Tuesday

G baby,

I just taught you to say, "Stop hatin' Dada", which I'm pretty happy about. Sometimes that naughty Dada tries to get you all riled up, and you have a nasty habit of yelling "SHUT UP" even if it completely doesn't make sense, which still gets you a time out. I feel like 'stop hatin' is a good replacement.
It really amazes me how intelligent you are, and I can only sit here and wish that I am around other kids your age to know if it's normal or not. Know your ABC's? Check. Count to 20? Check. I feel like it's not so hard to memorize the ABC song or a string of numbers and recite from start to finish, but we made sure you can actually recognize the letters and numbers if pointed out on their own as well. (And when I say 'we'...I mean mostly your Dad, the toddler-teaching genius.)
You're also not afraid to get in touch with your feminine side. I'm painting my nails, you want me to paint yours too. You love playing with my jewelry supplies. Trying on my shoes. You had some of my jeweled flats on the other day and when I urged you to pick another pair to play with (I love those shoes...I was afraid they might not survive your abuse) you said "No...these perfect." When you hang out with your grandma, you always show up with her mousse in your hair.
You like to balance all this out with lots of rough and tumble fighting complete with swords and anything you can pretend is a gun (you don't actually have any toy guns, but apparently that won't stop you). You also, like every man I know, take pride in your yard work. In fact, it's kind of scary to have you visit anyone's house because you have no problem letting them know if their yard isn't up to par-"Dis yard need lawnmowa-ing  bad. Right now."
Just for shits and giggles, here's some pictures of a naked crazy monkey, running around our yard.




Love,   Ma


10 comments:

Mila said...

I think "Stop hatin' Dada" is the perfect replacement for shut up.
Nakey baby! Cute.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Awwwwww, what an absolute cutie. My little man has always dug nekkad' time too!

Sew Hungryhippie said...

Super cute pics! Aren't kids just hilarious? My 3 yr old is a nudist--she's always taking off her clothes! ha
Cool outfits too (older posts)...I will have to check in for more fashion inspiration.
x
natalie

jessica ♥ The Fevered Pen said...

First off, your little guy is so adorable! haha! And also: you are GORGEOUS.

Stop hatin' is a totally awesome replacement ;)

Fash Boulevard said...

omg. so cute. thanks for a great post. don't forget to stop by today for my new outfit post.

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

For all the latest fashion news from a southern girl making it as an LA stylist follow on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fash-Boulevard/137375899661727

Discount Handbags said...

The baby is so cute.www,etohandbag,com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

https://simplythekids.blogspot.com/
https://sevillefamilyblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Quero colocar meu pau no cu desse safado e velo chora