Saturday, April 9, 2011

Look I love: Midnight blue+orange

I saw a look similar to this in an ad for Ulta cosmetics, and I loved it!! Midnight blue on the eyes and orange lips and nails. Unfortunately since I have such a crappy camera, it's hard to see the full effect from the pictures. I used a really sheer light peach eyeshadow all over my eye and browbone, and then applied black eyeliner on the outer corner of my top and bottom lashline. I went over the eyeliner with midnight blue eyeshadow, and added some to the rest of my top and bottom lashlines as well. I followed with lots and lots of mascara, so my eyes still popped even though I didn't use shadow to contour the crease like I usually do. When you use such a stand-out color on your eyes, it's usually better to wear it as a liner instead of a shadow, so you don't look clownish. There are exceptions to this rule, it's generally a good rule to follow. For the lips, I used orange gloss, not lipstick, so it wasn't too overpowering. In the ad that I saw, the model had pink blush on, but I stuck with bronzer, because honestly, I was scared to pair so many noticable colors together. I used wet n'wild nail polish in Sunny Side Up on my nails, and I LOVE this color. Plus, it costs less than $1.



No comments: