One of the biggest challenges that I've ran into as a 'housewife' is coming up with ideas for SIDE DISHES...when my husband and I first started living together and I started cooking on a regular basis, I used to open up either a can of corn or can of green beans with pretty much whatever we were eating and that was that. Now, I am constantly searching for healthy and easy (AND affordable) side dishes for our dinners, which is still a challenge because I cook at least 6 nights a week.
Here's a recipe for an easy and healthy side dish, on the grill!
Grilled Potato Packets
Potatoes (1 per person, cook as many as you need)
Olive Oil OR butter
Salt and pepper (I used sea salt)
Red Wine Vinegar
1. Get a piece of aluminum foil ready that is big enough to wrap your potato in
2. Slice potato into slices that are about 1/8 inch thick.
3. Drizzle with a little bit of the vinegar, and then either drizzle with olive oil or put a few pats of butter over the slices
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and oregano.
5. Wrap up in the foil and grill for 15-20 minutes.