Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Summer hairstyle to try-the faux-bob!

I saw this in a magazine and it looked super cute, so I had to try it-plus it's yet another one of those hairstyles that are great for days when you haven't washed your hair-yippee!!!

To try this
1) spray some root lifter (or hairspray, in a pinch) on your roots and tease, tease tease!! You want your hair to have as much volume as possible (which isn't a lot for me, my hair is really fine-not fine as in, 'girl you fine' but fine as in flat, lifeless, sucks at life fine).
2)Comb your hair back so you don't have a part, and put on a stretchy headband that goes all the way around your hair.
3)After putting the headband on, pull your hair into a ponytail, but secure the elastic approximately even with your shoulders on your hair. (Think about the length of a bob)
4) Flip it under and tuck it under your headband. If you need to, secure it with bobby pins as well. You might need to adjust the position of your hair elastic to make your bob the right length. It took me a couple of tries.
5) Pull out some wispy hairs close to frame your face.

This looks great with some pink lips and lots of mascara!





I think this is a great idea for the beach, or when it's really hot outside. I did this really quick before going to read in my lawn chair while the boys played outside. With the hair and pink lips, I felt like a 70's housewife-goddess!! lol!

No comments: