Friday, May 6, 2011

High Fashion Friday

This isn't going to be a weekly post or anything, but since I wore pajamas all day long and didn't use any makeup, I don't have much to share about everyday beauty or fashion today. So I thought I would share some of my favorite high-fashion looks from Rachel Roy, one of my favorite designers. So I'm not going to lie...one of the reasons that I love Rachel Roy is because she is GORGEOUS, young, and hip (and also a mommy). Something about a beautiful young woman designing clothes for other young women is fresh, considering it often seems that the majority of high fashion designers are old European men. But what I love most is that while she does a high fashion line-also on her website and sold at Macy's is her affordable line. No, the clothes aren't as luxurious, but they are still nice and definitely carry through her design aesthetic, so they have the same overall feel as her high-end line. I also love this designer because she uses wacky prints in silhouettes that are flattering. Her jewelry is crazy-but to die for. Here are some of my favorite looks of hers from the past year-
The designer-see what I mean!!?







All pictures property of Rachel Roy

No comments: