Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Outfit of the Day: Cerulean Sky

One of my favorite fashion developments in the past few years is the mixing of tie-dye prints into dressier clothing. When I was thumbing through my Harper's Bazaar a couple years ago and came across Blumarine's spread featuring the below tie-dye dresses, yes, I died a little (pun intended).  Here is a top that I tie-dyed myself using a kit I got from Wal-mart, dressed up with a pencil skirt.

Blumarine's version (source) Amazing, right?

And my version, slightly less impressive-
Top-Target dyed myself!
Skirt-Express
Necklace-Beamon Baubles
Watch-Guess
Shoes-Sears (J.Lo brand)



I'm thinking that there is definitely more tie-dye kits in my future...


XoXo,

L

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


Tickled Pink at 504 Main

4 comments:

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

very cute outfit. I'm normally not a tye dye fan but that shirt is really cute!

Jamie said...

love it! I want to take a fancy little strapless formal dress and tie dye the hell out of it.

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I think you look as every bit fabulous as the model on the runway! Thanks so much for sharing!

Laura said...

What a great outfit. I can't believe you tie-dyed that shirt yourself! Looks professional!