Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Makeup Review: Maybelline ColorShow Nail Polish

I always love to hear what other (real) ladies have to say out there about certain beauty products before I invest! Buying a new makeup or skincare product might not sound like a big deal to some, but when you're on a really limited budget and have children, it is! Plus, it's such a bummer to spend money on a product and be disappointed.

I have recently tried the new Maybelline ColorShow Nail Polish in two different colors. I started with white and then decided that I needed to try another color before I could give it a fair review. The marketing for this product really got me, along with it's price-under $3, which is almost unheard of for any decent nail polish these days.


Please don't judge this polish by the poor paint job. Manicure skills-some ladies just have them, and some just don't. I'm a don't.
 Audacious Asphalt


Porcelain Party

I give this polish a 4 out of 5
The pros: 
-The biggest pro is that it dries SUPER fast, which is a must for me. It's tricky to find the right time to paint your nails with a 4-year-old and a baby. This stuff does not stay tacky very long at all, and dries completely in a couple of minutes. 
-It's cheap!
-The color selection-there are a ton of great colors.
-Reaches full opacity (but it takes 3 coats, not a big deal though since it dries so fast).
-easy to clean off of cuticles.
-removes easily with nail polish remover

The cons:
-Takes 3 coats to be opaque.

When I put that first coat of white on, my heart sank. It looked streaky and just plain bad. But after a couple more coats, the white looked awesome, and the gray was just as good. I recommend!


xoxo,

L

4 comments:

Blandy Jean said...

Finally a good grey nail polish!
I will definitely try this out. You had me sold on fast dry. Me assuming they are dry after 20 minutes ruins 90% of my manicures.

Unknown said...

Thanks Leah, I definitely want to try porcelain party!!
Brooke @ what2wear

Anonymous said...

I was hesitant about these and now I wanna run out and go buy some! Thanks for the review Leah!

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

Start following our signals right now & profit up to 270% a day.