Monday, September 24, 2012

Lovely Deja Vu

Once upon a time, I was shopping in downtown Asheville, NC with my Ma and my sister. We'd been at it for a couple of hours, and I rushed into one last little boutique where I came face-to-face with a gorgeous strapless crochet dress, complete with a large ruffled neckline. I was in love, but my Ma was ready to go. Sadly, I left without a chance to try it on.
But I thought about this dress. Often. It was just so gorgeous and unlike anything I had seen. Who was the designer? Can I find it online? After spending more time than I would like to admit scouring Google shopping search for 'crochet ruffle strapless striped', I found it! And that is how I first came to hear of the fabulousness that is Judith March, the company that made the dress.
Turns out ALL of their clothes are gorgeous, unique, and have that boho-chic vibe that I adore. I search for a store nearby that carries the brand......but need I remind you that I live on a farm in the middle of cotton country, the nearest mall (outlet mall, of course) being an hour away?
Bring in DejaVu-an online boutique owned by the same uber-talented woman that founded Judith March. They carry a huge selection of Judith March pieces, plus many other gems. Seriously, every time I pin something from this place, I get about a zillion re-pin email notifications. You HAVE to check it out.
I am so excited to share with you my first Judith March piece from DejaVu-I had so much fun with this dress and can't wait to wear it again with some thick tights (and perhaps a fur vest) once it turns cooler.


 Dress-c/o DejaVu
Boots-Vintage
Headbands-Wal-mart (Goody's brand)
Earrings-Belk










The print on this dress is-WOW. But what I also love is that you can tell that some serious thought went into it's design-it's the perfect length, sexy but not so short that you have to worry about any wardrobe malfunctions. It's also body skimming instead of body-con, which is ideal for accentuating your figure without calling attention to the fact that you may or may not have had a baby four months ago (*cough it's hard to stop eating chocolatecookiespastabaconetc. cough*) It's really the perfect combination of being flattering but comfortable at the same time, and I personally have a hard time finding that balance.
You can check out this dress online at DejaVu by clicking here.

Here are some of my other favorites:



This next one is SOOO adorbs (and if pink's not your thing, it comes in two other colors):



They have a TON of really unique printed shorts, here's one of my favorites:


And some really beautiful jewelry...


xoxo,

L

Linking up with: pleated poppy

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Leah,

It's so nice to meet you! :) That dress is beautiful, and you look like a model! You're gorgeous, and can't believe you had a baby 4 months ago. I'm also following you!

xo, sam

**Style of Sam**

Rachel said...

You look stunning in that dress! And you're right, the pattern is amazing...that's the kind of dress you don't forget.

Lindsey A. Turner said...

amazing dress! your hair looks perfect with it!

Lindsey
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

I love the photos. That dress is fun. I think few could pull it off though. Congrats because you did! Stopping by from WIWW.

theserenasaga said...

Your photos are impeccable! The look like an editorial spread. I found your blog over at The Pleated Poppy's WIWW and have found many inspirations on your blog. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. I am now your newest follower stop by my blog and we can be friends.
http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

xx
Serena

Morgan S. said...

You are sooo pretty! Found you via PSS's link party for oxblood. New Follower! www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I think this is one of my favorites of you. This whole thing is yummy!