Thursday, August 23, 2012

A morning.

My "getting ready in the morning" routine is kinda tricky (on the days I actually have to leave my house). Our day usually starts with the G baby coming in our room and waking my husband up, leaving me to sleep until baby Ari gets up so I get a little extra sleep after being up with her a few times in the night. (She's doing a bit better...but still not great.) It took FOREVER to get the G baby to stop coming to my side of the bed and waking ME up, but he's finally got it down. It still wakes me up every morning, but it's so cute to hear him come in and say, "wake up DAD! wake upppp DAD!!! ...Dad, you hear me?"
Ari usually wakes up within the hour, which puts us anywhere from 6:30-7:30. I nurse her (if I wasn't just up between 5:30-6 and already nursed her) and head upstairs for breakfast. 
After breakfast, here comes my window to work out. My husband and I take turns watching the kids and working out, although sometimes during this time frame Ari is ready for her first nap of the day, so she has to be nursed and then put down. 
I usually try to shower at night so if I have anywhere to go the next day I don't have the ordeal of dealing with finding time to take a shower and then drying my hair, but after doing my run and exercises, sometimes I really need a shower. But by this time, my partner is having to get ready to leave for school, or is already gone, so I kinda have to choose between working out or showering each morning if there is somewhere to go.
I have recently committed myself to making time to take a quick shower in the morning after working out, even if that means having the G baby have his morning snack in front of the T.V. and bringing Ari and her baby seat in the bathroom with me, which means peeking my head out every 2 seconds and conversing with her.
But there's still the hair. It's pretty embarrassing to leave the house with wet hair, but it takes a pretty long time to blow dry, which means I have to find something else to do with the kids. 
I am pretty proud of the below hairstyle, because I showered about 10 minutes before these pics were taken and figured out a way to style my wet hair without it looking too obvious.
I pulled it into a very high pony tail, leaving a small piece to wrap around the pony after I secure it with elastic. The trick is to use LOTS of hairspray on the little circle of hair after you wind it around but before you secure it with a bobby pin. Plus, wet hair is actually a plus for this one. 

 Top-Banana Republic
Jeans-Belk
Shoes-Aerosoles via Piperlime
bracelets-Burlington Coat Factory
Earrings-made by me!




here's to showering every morning! cheers!

xoxo,

L pleated poppy

8 comments:

B Allen @ What2Wear said...

I'm very impressed with your showering routine and i feel ya with the hair....doodle man has reduced the amount of times I get to wash mine to once or twice a week! Ps you look beautiful :)
Brooke @ what2wear

leah beamon said...

thank you!! yeah I've definitely been pretty lax on the hair washing, it's definitely a chore with long hair...but I run outside and between that and the heat, I seriously need a shower.

Gracielou said...

I envy you to no end lol. Not only do you look gorgeous in everything you put on, you have more dedication then I could ever even begin to think about. I never can stick to an exercise routine.

leah beamon said...

I started really small with the exercise...I'm definitely no athlete. It really helps you to stick with it if you start REALLY small, and just add a bit each day. Also, offer yourself a reward, I find that helps too-like, 'if I work out 10 times in the next two weeks, I can buy 1 thing for myself at Target.' it sounds silly but it helps me!

caramelchica said...

Great problem solving! I completely circumvent the entertaining/distracting the kids while I workout/shower most days of the week by facing my distaste for locker rooms and showering at the gym while they're in the play-room. But the home workout days take finesse!

Breanna said...

Love Love love this outfit :) So cute!

Lindsey A. Turner said...

Love this look! You have great style!

Lindsey
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Your hair is gorgeous! I have to shower in the morning, because after sleeping, my short, curly hair pretty just goes crazy on me--so that always means early showers for me because it takes to long to dry, even though it's short! But that's a great wet hair hairstyle for long hair!