Monday, June 4, 2012

Lying

So I'm sitting here working on my 'Outfit of the Day' post and I can hear Gabriel in the other room lying to my husband about taking his pack of gum.
During G baby's nap, when my husband asked me if I'd seen the pack of gum that he had lying on our pool table near his wallet, I had a faint memory of the G baby asking me earlier today if he could have some of his Dad's gum and I told him that he would have to ask his Dad since it wasn't mine to give. It didn't take us long to figure out that we should look in G baby's room, so I snuck in there while he was sleeping, and lo and behold, there it was lying hidden underneath one of his toys on his bookshelf.
Once Gabriel got up from his nap, it went like this:
Eric: "Hey G Monkey, have you seen my gum?"
G baby: "uh...I think I no took it..."
Eric: "Oh no, no, I didn't ask if you took it or anything, just have you seen it around anywhere?"
G baby: "think it's near your clothes...think I no took it..."
Eric: "near my clothes, huh?"
G baby: "I look in my room...but I think I no took it."

He already knows it's not okay to lie, but it's not something that comes up very often. Plus, it's hard to tell when a 3-year-old is purposely being deceitful, or when he is just remembering something wrong, such as saying he didn't have macaroni and cheese for lunch, when he really did. But this is just downright lying, as you can tell from him automatically saying that he didn't take it. I might just hide in here and nurse the baby and let my husband handle it!

Anyways...I wore this to run errands earlier this morning (we got Ari's official birth certificate!) These are my $12 Wal-mart pants that I bought while pregnant that I will continue to rock until I can squeeze into more of my jeans/shorts. They're super comfy!





In the picture below it looks like I am enjoying a refreshing early summer breeze. I think it was actually mid-hair shake. But anyways...I'm sorry that some of these pictures are kind of awkward, we only got a few shots before the wee one woke up from her nap and started making noise on the monitor.
 Pants-Wal-mart
Shirt-Express
bracelets-Forever21 and Wal-mart
sandals-Wal-mart
necklace-Goody's
Earrings-JcPenny
This is what happens when my hair does its own thing with color...it turns about three different colors and gets bleached out in places by the sun. We'll see what color it is by the end of the summer! (Who am I kidding myself, I think I'm baby-bound indoors for the next couple months :( )



xoxo,

L


ps...sounds like my husband finally weaseled the truth out of G baby out there...maybe it's safe to leave my room? pleated poppy

1 comment:

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Yay, so glad to see you back.