Friday, May 25, 2012

A Little Soft Around the Edges

...that's how I feel right now. Still a little soft around the edges!! I've shed a good bit of the pregnancy weight, but there's still a LONG weigh (pun intended, hehe) to go. I'm definitely not looking forward to starting to work  out again, as I can't help but notice I have been getting a stitch in my side whenever I walk up the driveway to check the mail. It's kind of a reality check for how long it's going to take me to get back into fighting shape. But whatevs! I'm still enjoying the freedom of not being pregnant anymore...even with the extra weight, I feel so light and free!

Here's a couple of new-mom essentials that I'm putting to good use...





 Slouchy tie-dye skinny jeans...I made these myself using bleach (DIY coming soon-hopefully!!) The skinny leg keeps me from feeling too frumpy but the slouchy fit makes them more comfy than most skinny jeans. The tie-dye is also a plus, because it hides stains.

        Boyfriend blazer and t-shirts-also comfy and hides the after-baby belly!



 Pink lips-perks up my face so you won't notice how tired I am! This is still my cheapie Wet 'n Wild fuschia lipstick that I talked about here.
Lightweight summer wrap. My mother bought me this in a little boutique in Asheville and I wear it all the time. It kind of disguises the fact that I'm still wearing maternity shorts. 

Comfort-made wedges. These are Aerosoles, so they're super soft leather and really comfy. It's hard to find a non-flat shoe (and I could really use the slimming effect on my legs right now) that is easy to walk in while holding a baby. These are awesome!




xoxo,

L

pleated poppy

5 comments:

The Momma said...

Found you through WIWW. You look GREAT for 2 weeks after a baby. Love the lightweight summer wrap!

TwoThirtyFiveDesigns said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! It is all fabulous!

I would absolutely LOVE to have you link this up on my Casual Friday link up party starting tomorrow, it would be perfect!

Thanks!
Allison
http://twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

You look fantastic! I mean fantastic for just having a baby two weeks ago. Your first outfit is so chic! Stopping by from WIWW.

Chris
chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

MissRockwell said...

You definitely look great. I love those jeans. I'm in search of the DIY now.

http://thriftyandhshameless.blogspot.com

Blogger said...

If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you gotta watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Want your ex CRAWLING back to you...?