Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New Makeup Reviews and finally an Outfit of the Day!

 Top-Macy's
Sweater-The Limited
Jeans-Victoria's Secret
Wedges-Target
Earrings-Forever21


AND...I tried out some new makeup! You are looking at:
Revlon Nail Enamel in Plum Seduction
L'oreal HIP Metallic Shadow in Charged
Rimmel Moisture Renew Cream Lipgloss in Cherry Boost

Here's a couple pictures of me wearing both the shadow and the gloss.

 This is the second shade of Moisture Renew gloss I have tried (I have it in Fuchsia Therapy) and I still love it. It is moisturizing and NOT sticky or gummy. This color isn't quite as punchy as the fuchsia but gives a nice natural-looking red tint to my lips. I'd give it out of stars.



 The HIP eyeshadows are a little pricey for my taste-around $8 for only two colors. BUT...I think they're generally worth it. These two brown shades are warm and very flattering on, with a high color payout. I used both shades on my eyes, just kind of blended together. This is probably my most favorite eyeshadow I have purchased from the drugstore brand realm. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars, because as much as I like them, I did notice the shadow had faded a bit after about 5 hours.
Revlon nail enamel is one of my favorite bottles to purchase. It dries quickly and isn't a thick and gummy formula like I find most Sally Hansen to be. This shade was a little bit pinker than it looked in the bottle, which for me was kind of a negative. It's a cute color though, and I only needed two coats, which is awesome. 3 out of 5 stars.


XoXo,


L









pleated poppy

3 comments:

The WholeFamDamily said...

pretty sure you're the best dressed pregnant lady out there!! i need to try that lipgloss, i always get the goopy, sticky kinds and i hate it! hahaha! love the bronzey/brown eyeshadows too!

xo
hillary

Christa said...

so gorgeous! Wo, wait... your prego?? ^^^ (previous comment)

Susan said...

Cute top - and that is hands-down one of my fave glosses too.
Hope you're feeling well!
xo