Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better: Military Chic

Very excited to link up with Pretty Shiny Sparkly for another Bloggers Do It Better challenge! To check out the link-up, click here!

Pretty Shiny Sparkly


I don't have a huge amount of clothes that reflect the military trend, and some of the tops with shoulder epaulet accents that I do have are already too short for my growing tummy! But I do have an awesome wool military coat, and also a cute little short military jacket. Here goes!


Coat-Victoria's Secret
Booties-Macy's

See my little buddy peeking out of the door?
  As much as I like the way this coat looks, a word of warning to you guys. I am pretty sure that Victoria's Secret still offers this coat online, but DO NOT BUY IT! I have sewed on each and every of these gold buttons myself, as they all fell off! Every time I would wear it, I would have at least one button fall off. Ugh!


 Jacket-Lord and Taylor (altered myself!)
Booties-Macy's
Metallic shirt-Victoria's Secret
Purse-Express
Necklace-Goody's
Watch-Guess





xoxo,

L

pleated poppy

17 comments:

Wendy (SpikesnSparkles) said...

Hi there! Linked over from BDIB! I LOVE that coat, too bad about the buttons!

Christa said...

Gorgeous girl. i am so jealous of your wood floors and those huge windows.. they are a photographers dream haha

Inez| Style Chic 360 said...

Love your outfit, I wore red for the challenge too...well not intentionally. You look great!

That coat is amazing!

fattygirl218 said...

That Jacket is FIRE!!!

Salazar said...

Both the jacket and the coat are gorgeous... too bad about the coat's buttons though.

knockedupfabulous said...

Too bad about the VS coat...it's super adorable though! You look great in red! And your little bump looks adorable!

theclotheswewear.com said...

Beautiful coat and jacket. Red is such a stand-out color and one that I tend to have a hard time wearing. Love that you posted a color different than military green (like the rest of us).

Van @ The Clothes We Wear // Wearing Motherhood with Style

Candyce Nicole said...

Beautiful jacket...hate to hear about the buttons, though!

HAUTE WIFE said...

I think everyone should have a military inspired winter coat. The fact that yours is red earns you extra cool points, lol.

www.hautewifetoday.com

Lisa @ MMT said...

Love your outfit! I really like your jacket. Red is not something I normally wear, and I don't know why, cause it looks great on you!

Aubree said...

That coat is a-mazing!

Amy @ TheMombot.com said...

very cute jacket! don't you hate when the buttons fall off?? that always happens to me...

Amy @ www.themombot.com

Melaina25 said...

LOVE the buttons on both jackets!

I've got a "What I Wore" linky on Wednesdays if you'd like to join in, too!

http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-wore-wednesday-versace-for-hm.html

lori said...

i love your coat! gorgeous!!

Natasha said...

too bad about the buttons, but the jacket is lovely!!!

Jane said...

That's a fun jacket! I really love those gold buttons. Plus, I think VS has some great pieces. It's a retailer that I think lots of people overlook for items other than lingerie and swim suits.

Danielle Celeste Couture said...

perfect
Love from Oregon USA,
Danielle
xoxoxoxo

danielle celeste