Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rebel Rebel

I live in the South, where a woman walking down the street wearing white after Labor Day is about as taboo as a woman walking down the street naked. But our neighbors up north say it's okay, as long as it's done right. Here's to my rebel moment.

Jacket-Nine West
Tunic-Liz Lange for Target
Jeans-Belk
Pumps-Kohl's
Scarf-I made it!




And here are some of my tips for wearing white after Labor Day and makin' it look good!

-Pair your white with a bold Fall color. Avoid pairing it with pastels-think jewel tones or primary colors instead.
-Stay away from Linen-it's almost always a summery fabric, especially in white.
-Use layers in your outfit to give it a more cooler-season feel.
-Pair your white with black and gray to give it a geometric color-blocked look instead of a bright summery one.
-Wear shoes that make a Fall or Winter statement-no open toes! Think booties, boots, or close-toed pumps.


Linking up with:




pleated poppy



Momma Go Round

6 comments:

Shannon Olson said...

ohh I love the white and blue! It looks so good together. I say who cares about white after labor day as long as it looks good =)

Cerrisse said...

so cute, I can't pull off wearing white jeans.
And what a great scarf!

Adriana said...

adorable as always!

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

I love the scarf.

Anna said...

love the Halloween touch!

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

You go, girl! Great outfit!! And those were good tips, too.

I followed you here from Real Momma, Real Style.

Jeanine
My "Real Momma" Post