Tuesday, September 27, 2011

70's Inspired

I know I haven't posted an outfit in a while. The pregnancy is really killing my motivation. It's not that I'm not going to rock out some awesome maternity style this time around (last time it was about wearing as little as possible through the HOT HOT HOT months of being 7-9 months pregnant through June, July, and August. I was living with my dad-he doesn't have central air. I whaled around in a baby pool filled with cold hose water all summer.
I'm just so tired right now though. Setting up my tripod and getting some shots just seems like a ginormous feat right now. But more soon, I promise.
 Top-Goody's
Jeans-Lacoste
Wedges-Victoria's Secret
Scarf-vintage
Ring-The Limited
 The key to pulling off a head scarf is that you run the risk of looking like a pirate. Good if you are hanging around the house with your little boy, "Argghhh!!!" bad if you are venturing out in public. To avoid this problem, hoop earrings and an arm full of bangles is a no-no.

                     I am pretty sure this is my last time for a long time that my feet are going to be looking pretty. So here's to Winter.

xoxo,

L

pleated poppy

6 comments:

Courtney and Heather said...

Cute outfit and congrats!

Economy of Style said...

This is gorgeous! I've got to keep these tips in mind when I attempt to rock a head scarf because I feel inspired to do so now.

ashley said...

very cute outfit. love it!

shopfreak said...

Cute head scarf!

-shopfreak
http://shopfreak14.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

One of my fave's on you - the whole thing.
And I only venture into head scarf territory on or near a beach. I need to be more brave.

Sharde said...

lol you totally run the risk of looking like a pirate- but you did it well! when is tarted reading hoop earrings i was like noooo thats totally piratey. until i read what you really said ;)

sharde @ the style projects