Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Short Story

I never used to wear shorts. Middle school, high school, college-years went by before I finally figured out that wearing shorts is THE reason God gave me this height. I'm 100% nonathletic so it wasn't for sports. It wasn't to help me out at home (the house I grew up in had SLANTED ceilings in my room and bathroom...seriously? I can't count how many times I thunked myself in the head) It definitely wasn't to make my dating life any easier. No...it was to wear shorts, and that is all.
It's not that I was totally opposed to looking attractive as a teenager and college student. I just had the immature idea that sexy meant tight and low-cut. I used to have a pretty decent-sized chest...until after a year of breastfeeding. I mourn the loss of my boobs with every breath I take (I. went. down. two. cup. sizes.) but there is a silver lining. I learned to look elsewhere for sexy-and alas, I found my legs.
 T-shirt-Walmart (Men's Department-and yes, you should look)
Shorts-Target
Belt-Forever21
Booties-Macy's
Chain Purse-Macy's

 I love this outfit because it's casual or dressy enough for grocery time or date night.


All this jewelry was actually gifted to me by my sister (at different times). The baroque pearl bracelet was a graduation gift and it's probably tied with my gold watch as my favorite piece of jewelry. I also LOVE the antique red and clear glass cocktail ring, which she gave me probably 10 years ago. Thanks Meg!


XoXo,

L

pleated poppy

5 comments:

Cerrisse said...

You are so lucky to have legs like you have. Me I was not born with nice leg genes. Very fun outfit :)

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

yay I'm so glad you stopped by again :) I love your blog as well!
You are darling and your style is OH SO CHIC!

I love the rocker chic your pulling off. the shorts with that shirt is too awesome!

xoxo
Cami
www.allthingslovelyblog.com

Tamera Beardsley said...

Great look my dear!

Susan said...

Love this look.
And your legs are fab - show them off!

Shelly said...

Yup, you found sexy...boobs are over-rated

xoShelly