Monday, August 29, 2011

Outfit of the Day: Seeing Red

I got this amazing bandage dress for Christmas last year from my Ma (I kinda sent her a few hints) when I had gotten myself in really good shape and was feeling pretty confident with my body. I thought maybe I could wear it out to dinner with my husband sometime, but we kind of have a lack of anything but casual restaurants around here, so it went unworn for a long time. I just wouldn't feel right wearing such a sexy 'look at me' dress to our local mexican joint (where we always go for date night...we just can't resist bottomless chips and salsa and a pitcher of Dos Equis). So I started racking my brain for a way to make this dress less sexy and more casual. First, I ditched the idea of wearing stilettos and went for booties...with menswear socks! I toned down the v-neck by using a silk scarf tied in a cute bow to take away some more of the sex-factor. Because of the scarf, I kept the rest of my accessories really simple, wearing only an over-sized watch. What do you guys think?

 Dress-Express
Scarf-Forever21
Booties-Macy's
Socks and watch-my husband's


Happy Monday!!!
XoXo,

L

pleated poppy

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


13 comments:

Cassie said...

Red is my favorite color and that dress is sexy. I love the stuff you added to it to tone it down!

Naomi said...

I absolutely love that scarf! I'm waaay into overdoing my stripes lately, haha! Awesome outfit overall!

The Sugar Mountain said...

You look so pretty in red. love your casualizing too. xo

Anna said...

Oh you are a GORGEOUS Momma!! What a lucky husband! Love the dress!

www.simplystylishmom.com

The WholeFamDamily said...

i love how you accessorized for a more casual look, but i think since ur drop dead gorgeous with a killer body, there's not much you can do to dial down the "look at me" part, haha! you look amazing in red!

xo
hillary

paulyandmeg said...

This outfit is so cute! I wish I could put together outfits like that! Also, thanks for participating in Christa's giveaway!! I'm glad you like the clips! : )

Meg
www.paulyandmeg.wordpress.com

Cassi said...

I love the boots and socks with this it works perfect

Fashion By Alicia said...

Love this look especially with the boots!

Natalia Lynn said...

I feel the same way! I usually stay away from buying too many real 'sexy' clothes because honestly, where would I wear them. But then I just started not caring and wearing what I want where I want. It's very freeing! :)

Jordan Streetman said...

I LOVE that red dress! Super sassy!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

um i wish i could fit into that SASSY little red dress!
girl you rock it well.
Maybe after I do 2,000 more sit ups I could pull it off :)

Cami

April said...

Pahaha! I loved the part where you said "when" you were in really good shape! Girl, I'd love to know what kinda mirror you were lookin' in that would make you think you still weren't! You are definitely rockin' that dress! I love all the little touches you added! I would love for you to check out my new Rock your Runway
party. It's every Wednesday, and I'd love to have you join in!

Havalah said...

I love it. Red is a great color.