Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Outfit of the Day: Hidden

I love how wide-brimmed floppy hats look. But...between the dangers of a gust of wind making them fly off of your head and just plain not having a very good field of vision while wearing them, I've decided they just aren't that practical. However, on a day that you want to skip the makeup and let your face breathe, (especially if you're having a um...nasty breakout) they're indispensable.
Husband: "You can't see your face in any of these pictures though babe."
Me: "That's the point!"



Dress- Target (I altered it considerably though)  
Floppy Hat- Wal-mart                    
Purple wood bead necklace-Surf Shop in Emerald Isle, NC                                                              
Paper Mache and embroidery thread necklace-Beamon Baubles Bracelet-Beamon Baubles
Gold Sandals-Wal-mart
Smoky Quartz and Gold ring-My mother's









Linking up this week with:





pleated poppy


XoXo,




L

9 comments:

Cassi said...

I have a similar floppy hat that I am learning to love

Amber said...

Great look honey and you have the best necklaces. I wish I could wear hats so good for bad hair days. axx

Cerrisse said...

Love the yellow dress and hat. Great colors.

Susan said...

Fun!
Nothing like a great hat.
xo

Rainbow Bekah said...

You look gorgeous! I love a good flowy dress and floppy hat. It makes my life complete!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

yay for floppy hats!! love them!
the maxi dress is darling too
stopping by from pleated poppy

Cami
www.allthingslovelyblog.com

DaenelT said...

Love the wide brimmed hat. I see them on ladies and think Can I really pull that off? Hmmmm.... I dunno but you did it and it looks great.

april@gingerbread said...

beautiful pictures...

Karri said...

love love love it. i don't think i've ever tried the hat!! you look very much like Eva Mendez in some of the photos :)