Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Color-block for cheap! (and my arm party)


I love the color blocking trend. LOVE. But I find myself sadly lacking any bright and beautiful bottoms in my closet, which makes creating a color-blocked (not a word?) outfit really hard. When I saw these necklaces at a surf shop at the beach last week, I literally saw this outfit created in my head. They were priced at a whopping $3.99 each, so I jumped on it. 
Jeans-Tommy Hilfiger (outlet)
Camisole-Old Navy (order online-it comes in tall sizes!! eek!!)
Espadrilles-Colin Stuart by Victoria's Secret
Belt-Old Navy
Necklaces-random surf/grocery store, Emerald Isle, NC
Bracelets-arm party, see below
I like wearing all white, but it takes some guts. Serious guts. My husband always calls me 'polar bear' ( I have white sweatpants that I wear all the time in the winter around the house) but I think he secretly likes it. 

I am SO excited to be participating in my first Bloggers Do It Better, sponsored by Pretty Shiny Sparkly. The theme for this one is 'arm party', which basically means you pile on on as many bracelets as you want and just got for it.
 Gold and rhinestone bangles-gifted
Watch-Guess
Orange, pink, and purple friendship bracelet-Beamon Baubles
Pink and gold bracelet-Forever21
A little behind the scenes...mid photo, the G baby decides he needs to pee and takes his undies off and goes outside. This is him stealing my bracelets and running around bottomless...sigh



To see the awesome link-ups I'm down with, click these buttons!


Momma Go RoundBloggers Do It Better

pleated poppy

26 comments:

Rainbow Bekah said...

Wow, you look gorgeous mama!!

The WholeFamDamily said...

all i have to say is don't look at my outfit post cuz i'm wearing white skinny jeans and look like death compared to ur hotness...;D but really i loved that you kept the outfit basic white and let all the bright accessory goodness stand out! that yellow and purplish color are awesome together!! I wanna have an arm party, perhaps i'll look into that!

xo
hillary

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

I love all white with bunch of bracelets :) Great blog, following you now :)

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

Amber said...

Hey honey, a girl after my own heart all white with colour accessories, and you got it so right. Love the arm party and those necklaces are brilliant. Take care honey. ax

Susan said...

Looking good girl.
I'm a big fan of all white -
xo

Cassi said...

I really like the all white and bright colors

robyn said...

Love the pinks, very pretty. This has been a fun challenge :)

robyn of boluxe.wordpress.com

Sarah said...

What a great idea to combine white out, color blocking, and arm party! You look great!

Annie @ Wattlebird said...

So cute! I love the colorblocking trend too, but all my pants and skirts are boring :-/

jemappelleshen said...

Hey I participated in the BDIB challenge too! I came across your link and I'm loving your arm party! Very pretty, and great idea on how to color block!

jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

heather said...

Hot Mama!! I love the all white paired with your accessories. LOVE IT!!

two birds said...

if i could get away with wearing all white, i would do it every day! you look amazing, and i love the pops of color in your accessories! beautiful!

Arianne said...

love the braid (and the colors!). :)

Mandy at Life in the Fashion Lane said...

you look FANTASTIC! LOVE the necklaces, such pretty colors and the white outfit makes them pop. You are brave to wear all white, I get something on my white jeans every time I wear them :)

Life as Leah said...

Thank you ladies!!!

My House of L said...

You look great! Love the guess watch!

Cerrisse said...

Love this look and the chunky arm candy! I am a new follower of yours coming over from The Pleated Poppy. Come stop by sometime.
http://curtishascerrisse.blogspot.com

Linda Z said...

Great colors. And I love the arm party... my arm had a party this week, too! :)

j. w. said...

oh my goodness! You look gorgeous! How do you stay so THIN after having a little one? I'm onto my second, and well, having a hard time with losing the fat. You must share your secrets!

thekellytang said...

You look amazing!! I don't typically like all white ensembles but you've pulled it off amazingly and with amazing accessories to boot! :)

<3 Kelly

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I want white skinnies!

simply frabulous said...

Great look and great necklace!

VDOprincess said...

You look fab! And I'm a huge fan of all white...in the summer. :D Winter is for BUNDLING.

Kionon said...

That is an extremely well fitted camisole. Many will look too tight or look like underwear.

This one looks just right.

Flor said...

I love the all white and the pop of color with your necklaces! Love the outfit.. and I can totally relate to your behind the scenes moment with your son! :)

Grace said...

I love the jewelry, especially the bright necklaces against the white canvas!